Rossetti Archive Textual Transcription
Document Title: Sonnet ("O thou whose name being alone aloud") (partial draft manuscript)
Author: Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Date of Composition: 1848
Type of Manuscript: partial draft copy
full Rossetti Archive record for this transcribed document is available.
- O thou whose name being alone aloud
- I utter oft, & though thou art not there
is pictured presence scatter air
- Lit as with starbreath, art thou towards me bow'd?
- Who w
d not for one bride-pulse seek the shroud
- Or give
? the years of life's most bitter wane
- So as she was again again?
- And Death with one more life go plumed & proud?
- The glass stands empty of all things it knew
10Here in our chamber
Electronic Archive Edition: 1
Copyright: Digital images courtesy of the Delaware Art Museum, Samuel and Mary R.