Rossetti Archive Textual Transcription
Document Title: Poems, An Offering to Lancashire
Author: Emily Faithfull (publisher)
Date of publication: 1863
Publisher: Emily Faithfull
Printer: Emily Faithfull, Victoria Press
full Rossetti Archive record for this transcribed document is available.
Transcription Gap: pages 1-24 (not by DGR)
- I have been here before,
- Though when or how I cannot tell;
- I know the path beyond the door,
- The sweet fresh smell,
- The sighing sound, the lights around the shore.
- You have been mine before,
- How long ago I do not know:
- But just when, at that swallow's soar,
- Your neck turned so,
10Some veil did fall, I knew it all of yore.
- Before may be again:
- Oh! press my eyes into your neck.
- Shall we not be for ever lain
- Thus for Love's sake,
- And sleep, and wake, yet never break the chain.
D. G. Rossetti.
Transcription Gap: pages 26-62 (not by DGR)
Electronic Archive Edition: 1